PumpKin FREE Download
OS: Windows All
Size: 144 KB
Pumpkin is an open source application which is used in the maintenance of network equipments using Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP). The implementation of TFTP is done according to RFC1350, in PumpKin. A simple and interactive graphical user interface has been incorporated in this application. This program is designed to transfer files over the internet during win talk sessions. Pumpkin works as a TFTP client also, and it can operate as TFTP server as well as a TFTP client simultaneously. With block size option and complete support of TFTP large files can also be transferred easily.
Various operating systems like windows, Windows 98, ME, Windows NT, XP are supported in this application; though originally it was developed for Windows 95. Since, it is an open source, missing features can be added, bugs can be fixed, and the source code can be examined and scanned for potential threats, errors and flaws. Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) is generally not used for general purpose data exchange. It is employed where the transfer of files is done to and from network hardware. Also, the authentication of users and visibility of a directory is not required in this type of transfer.
The main PumpKIN features are:
- Fully standard-compliant TFTP file transfer
- Unlimited simultaneous transfers both for TFTP server and client
- Support for TFTP blocksize option allows transfer of large files if both TFTP server and client support it
- Convenient GUI
- Combines TFTP server and TFTP client
- Originally developed for Windows 95, it reportedly runs on all Win32 platforms: Windows 98, Windows NT, ME, XP, now also ported to Mac OS X (so far only tested on Mountain Lion)
- Can run in background, taking up a 256 pixels of screen nicely packed as a 16×16 square in your notification tray area (windows only)