Universal Extractor Free download
OS: Windows All
Size: 5.3 MB
Category: Office Tools
Universal Extractor is a free software extracts files from any type of archive, like a zip file, a Windows Installer (.msi) package, or a installation program. It is not a general purpose archiving software. it is small with context menu integration, and drag and drop facility and will extract files from any type of archive, regardless of compression method, and source etc.
Universal Extractor is a Windows program written in AutoIt, one of powerful open source scripting language. The basic idea behind the project is to develop an easy and convenient way to extract files from installation packages, such as Windows Installer packages, or Inno Setup without using command line every time. It supports additional formats, and latest versions of support binaries such as 7-Zip.
Universal Extractor Features :
* supports environmental variables (eg., specify ‘temp’ for debug dir)
* supports XZ compressed files and txz/tlz archives via 7-Zip
* supports for Windows Installer merge modules (.msm) via MsiX
* supports NBH files via NBHextract
* Added: translations for Armenian, Czeck, Persian (Farsi), Serbian, Swedish
* Changed: 7-Zip unpacking behavior; now attempts brute force extraction only after External PEiD scan; change due to aggressive .exe resource extraction in new versions
* Changed: Windows installer support (.msi, .msp) to use MsiX instead of msi2xml
* Changed: LZMA support to use 7-Zip for extraction
* Changed: FEAD support to use PEiD rather than TrID for detection