Autorun Eater FREE Download
OS: Windows All
Category: Security Software
Autorun Eater is a anti-malware designed to warn you and remove any suspicious ‘autorun.inf’ files(based on user decision/settings) so that the malware is not executed while accessing the infected drive which is developed due to increase of malwares using the ‘autorun.inf’ tactic to infect users unknowingly be it from flash drives, removable hard disks or any other removable storage device.
Autorun Eater will remove any suspicious ‘autorun.inf’ files even before the user attempts to access the drive. These files are auto-backup’ed in case of false positives and monitors all your drives in real-time, so there’s no need for an option to scan a specific drive.
There are also certain cases whereby the malware has been removed by an antivirus but the ‘autorun.inf’ file remains. This will cause the drive to be inaccessible through the conventional method(double-click). Autorun Eater will also remove it if necessary so that you can access the drive as usual.
key features of Autorun Eater:
- Scan and remove suspicious “autorun.inf” files found in the root directory of all drives, C-Z, in real-time
- Scan priority(normal/high)
- Scan results are logged
- Add and remove from startup entry
- 3 optional registry fixes (Task Manager, Regedit & Folder options).
- Users are informed whenever a suspicious “autorun.inf” file is detected.
- Backup copies of suspicious “autorun.inf” file(s) are created before the original copy is removed for easy recovery.
- Status tooltip to get tool info easily without right-clicking on tray icon.